Tuesday 29 November 2011

Friends - I'm His Girl

Hells yeah you are. You're his girl. This ultra hip joint from Brooklyn band Friends is super sexy and cooler than the other side of your pillow. 'I'm His Girl' follows up from their double A side 'Friend Crush'/Feelin Dank' which was released way back when, in March 2011. It continues their bubblegum funk sound, a brand of NY pop that's sweet and sickly, not dissimilar to Sleigh Bells, just sans the grungey guitar riffs.   


Samantha Ubani's vocals are like candy floss with a hint of venom. She's confident delivering the sultry lines, "When you see me walking around with him/ I'm not just another chick/ I'm. His. Girl." The video's made even smoother with it's retro flavour, from the gold bling and 80s tube top, to the boombox and lackadaisical Super 8 camera.

'I'm His Girl' is out on 7" and digital download on Lucky Numbers.

No comments: