Wednesday 17 July 2013

Breaking Bad scripts


Discovered this fantastic Tumblr called Cinephelia and Beyond - an amazing resource for any film fan, especially those into development, directing, screenwriting, and the like. They were awesome enough to find and post a few PDFs of Breaking Bad scripts.

Obviously, this made me wet with happiness. I've looked into purchasing some episode scripts but they're as yet unavailable, or at least they were the last time I checked Amazon. Worry not, though, because follow this link and you can read the scripts for the pilot and a few from season 3, including 'No Mas' - one of the tensest episodes in the series, which is saying a lot, coz every episode of Breaking Bad is a nail biting lesson in suspenseful storytelling.

They're not only great, action packed scripts, but they're also beautifully written. Note in the pilot episode how Vince uses the word 'galumphing' to describe the way the RV moves. When was the last time you used the word 'galumphing'? Yeah me neither, until I had read the script, now I try to use it at least once a day.


No comments: